Sunday, May 25, 2008

Rolling Thunder, honoring our veterans

Today I rode down with friends and my lover to see Rolling Thunder for the first time. It was a gorgeous day, the sun was shinning and the ride down with friends was wonderful. I was amazed at all the motorcycles we saw, lined up all along the streets.

Thoughts of my brother weigh heavily on my mind. Thoughts of soldiers still fighting, that I wish were home. Thoughts of vets, who still struggle day to day with the memories and effects of war. Thoughts of the family's and loved ones of men and women who did not return.

My brother is home, and we count the days till he can no longer be called back with a stop loss. I love him, and I am sorry for all that he has had to see, and has had to go through. For him, and his buddies, I send up a wish today, a wish for love, support, understanding... but most of all for a place for peace and happiness in their lives. Thank you.

No comments: