Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Holiday Flowers


Over the holidays, I tackled a couple of home made projects. I tried to make as many gifts as possible this year. I think the hardest part of making gifts, is making something someone will appreciate. I always spend a lot of time thinking about what someone could use or want (and, hope, if it turns out they don't like it.. either it comes back, or moves on to someone else who will appriciate it... I am aware not EVERYONE, has the same taste as me). What I like though, is the time I get to spend thinking about the recipient. While, I'm painting or cutting or learning a new skill, like crocheting for this project, I get to think about the people I care about. Think about the colors they like, the things they do, and how they play. It's a lot of work, but I like that it gives me a chance to reminisce, play & stretch.

No comments: