Vanna can you please spin the wheel for us today?
This idea came from, wanting a way to inspire the kids I worked with to write & play in their journals. This one, has a bit more of an adult theme, but could be easily adapted... and my son loves to walk by and spin, & spin & spin.
The a-muse is made of:
- an old bike wheel & fork,
- tissue paper collected from all around,
- paper scraps
If you want to see the process I documented it at Instructables
On the spokes:
- Play With Paper - books, origami, paper dolls, paper toys, zines
- Doodle - put on some tunes grab some pens, colored pencils & play (inspired by Drawing Lab book)
- WALK, RIDE, PLAY, MOVE, OUTSIDE - feel the air in your lungs.
- Learn - something new
- Change - Change the scenery, go out... library, coffee shop, notice, taste, smell
- Game - Play a game, or better yet make one. A maze, a puzzle, game of your life.
- Sew - clothing, toy, doll, something useful
- Imagine - the best space ever, a tree house, a studio your secret cave. (A room of your own)
- Machine Made - invent your own machine, what does it do? what does it look like?
- Sculpt - salt dough, paper mache, clay
- Toy - indulge your inner child make a toy from what's on hand.
- Mail - send a post card or letter
- Weave a Tail (purposefully spelled wrong, my cats were causing trouble, I wished I could weave there tails together!)
- Vacation - for a day, or imagine one... or plan one
- Rest - take a nap, a bath, eat well & take care of your body.
- Spoiled Rotten - Find someone/something spoil them rotten for the day (to answer my son's question YES, it can be yourself... but it's surprisingly refreshing to do it for someone else.)
- Draw it - Take a walk bring something back to draw.
Ohhh, it even lights up!