Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tina Turner Live in Concert!

Last night I got to go see the Tina Turner concert. WOW! It was a birthday present from my lover. So we borrowed a wheel chair, and headed downtown for the show. Awesome. Who ever thought that we'd be going to a rock & roll concert, staring a grandmother with oh so impressive legs!! And so much energy. And how does she dance in heals for that long!?! She turns 69 tomorrow! ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tina_Turner). Happy Birthday Tina!!

There are not many celebrities who I would take the time to meet. But Tina Turner is a woman who's hand I'd like to shake. I think she's survived, and thrived, and been an inspiration to so many people. Certainly to me. I remeber seeing "What's Love Got to Do With it". as a teenager. It had a profound effect on me as a young woman, her strength, how hard it was to go through a divorce at that time, how hard it is to leave an abusive relationship. How her mother called Ike & told on her! OK, I know it's Hollywood, and that the story was likely up played, downplayed, glamorized, or just twisted around. But I also know, it's a true story for so many women. Something, so many struggle with. So I was in tears as the concert started, happy to be there, happy to see a woman thriving, and happy to be part of a crowd, singing, clapping and dancing along. It was a wonderful gift.

I would also like to thank the Verizon center, for it's help and accommodation's with my wonderful invalid, we were helped in a most kind fashion, from all of the employees we came across. It really helped make the experience a pleasure.

No comments: