Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring is in the Air


We Officially have a Sprout!!!

The little one and I planted some seed this past weekend. I don't have much of a green thumb, but I'm trying hard to learn. (Let me apologize now for all the plants that may be hurt, terrorized, or other wise think that there quality of life is below par, under my care). We bought some seed starter, and me and the drill, punched holes in all kinds of plastic containers, yogurt, egg crates.. you get the idea. We then filled the containers, and added some seeds, along with the help of our neighbors kiddo.

Every day, I am diligently watering, but not over watering... insure our little seeds have light, and are warm... and sure enough I noticed, we had a little sprout... and then when I looked closer I could find more, tiny sprouts. It's sooo exciting. I believe these belong to our Strawflower row. (A couple rows may have gotten multiple seed types). We are also trying to grow Snap Dragons, Lavender, and Butterfly weed.

No comments: